USA: Hot Topic Posts 2.2 Per Cent Fall In Same-Store Sales
Specialty retailer of music-licensed and music-influenced apparel, Hot Topic Inc, on Wednesday said its same-store sales fell 2.2 per cent last month from 2001 due to "disappointing" business in men's clothes.
The California-based operator of 415 stores said total sales climbed 26 per cent last month to $32.8 million from $26.1m in the year-ago period. It added net sales for the second quarter jumped 29 per cent to $92.4m from $71.9m last year.
Betsy McLaughlin, president and CEO, commented: "As we previously announced, July sales were below our previous expectations, principally the result of disappointing business in men's tops and men's bottoms."
Companies: Hot Topic Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Apparel retailer Hot Topic posted a net income for the fourth quarter of US$10.6m compared to $17.4m during the same period a year ago, in part due to impairment charges and gift card redemption issue...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' February sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' January sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Mall-based retailer Hot Topic said Patricia Van Cleave, president of its Torrid division, has resigned to pursue other interests....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel and accessories retailer Hot Topic Inc has announced two vice-president appointments and has reported a lowered second-quarter net income....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective