USA: Hot Topic Posts Scorching August Sales
Specialty retailer of music-licensed and music-influenced apparel, Hot Topic Inc, on Wednesday reported a 5.3 per cent climb in August same-store sales and a 32 per cent year-on-year jump in total August sales to $46.8 million.
The California-based operator of 420 stores said total sales for the first 30 weeks of fiscal 2002 rose 29 per cent to $219.2m from $170.3m, with same store sales up 1.1 per cent.
President and CEO, Betsy McLaughlin, said: "August sales were well above our revised expectations, with particular strength during the last two weeks of the month. The comp sales increase was driven by strong double digit comps in women's and high single digit comps in the music licensed and accessory categories.
"Our men's tops and men's bottoms categories produced a negative double digit comp, but were better than our earlier expectations."
Companies: Hot Topic Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Apparel retailer Hot Topic posted a net income for the fourth quarter of US$10.6m compared to $17.4m during the same period a year ago, in part due to impairment charges and gift card redemption issue...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' February sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' January sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Mall-based retailer Hot Topic said Patricia Van Cleave, president of its Torrid division, has resigned to pursue other interests....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel and accessories retailer Hot Topic Inc has announced two vice-president appointments and has reported a lowered second-quarter net income....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016