US: Hot Topic Q2 loss fractionally down
- Q2 net loss US$6.2m, down from $6.3m
- Sales up 0.7% to $150.9m
- Comparable store sales rise 2.6%
Retailer Hot Topic posted a slightly reduced second-quarter net loss thanks to a marginal increase in sales and a 2.6% rise in comparable-store sales.
The US company, owner of the Hot Topic and Torrid retail brands, is now projecting full-year earnings per diluted share of $0.17-0.23 after the performance in the three months to 30 July.
Hot Topic also said that, in the year to February 2013, it expected to open 25-45 new Torrid stores, closing 10-20 Hot Topic outlets and five Torrid shops.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019