US: Hot Topic Q2 loss fractionally down
- Q2 net loss US$6.2m, down from $6.3m
- Sales up 0.7% to $150.9m
- Comparable store sales rise 2.6%
Retailer Hot Topic posted a slightly reduced second-quarter net loss thanks to a marginal increase in sales and a 2.6% rise in comparable-store sales.
The US company, owner of the Hot Topic and Torrid retail brands, is now projecting full-year earnings per diluted share of $0.17-0.23 after the performance in the three months to 30 July.
Hot Topic also said that, in the year to February 2013, it expected to open 25-45 new Torrid stores, closing 10-20 Hot Topic outlets and five Torrid shops.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details