US: Hot Topic Q2 loss fractionally down
- Q2 net loss US$6.2m, down from $6.3m
- Sales up 0.7% to $150.9m
- Comparable store sales rise 2.6%
Retailer Hot Topic posted a slightly reduced second-quarter net loss thanks to a marginal increase in sales and a 2.6% rise in comparable-store sales.
The US company, owner of the Hot Topic and Torrid retail brands, is now projecting full-year earnings per diluted share of $0.17-0.23 after the performance in the three months to 30 July.
Hot Topic also said that, in the year to February 2013, it expected to open 25-45 new Torrid stores, closing 10-20 Hot Topic outlets and five Torrid shops.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation