US: Hot Topic Q2 loss fractionally down
- Q2 net loss US$6.2m, down from $6.3m
- Sales up 0.7% to $150.9m
- Comparable store sales rise 2.6%
Retailer Hot Topic posted a slightly reduced second-quarter net loss thanks to a marginal increase in sales and a 2.6% rise in comparable-store sales.
The US company, owner of the Hot Topic and Torrid retail brands, is now projecting full-year earnings per diluted share of $0.17-0.23 after the performance in the three months to 30 July.
Hot Topic also said that, in the year to February 2013, it expected to open 25-45 new Torrid stores, closing 10-20 Hot Topic outlets and five Torrid shops.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead