US: Hot Topic returns to profit in Q4
- Q4 net profit of US$9m, versus net loss of $0.6m
- Full-year net loss of $1.8m, down from $8.2m
- Q4 sales down 1.2%
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year’s fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales.
Revenues for the three months to 28 January were down 1.2% to $209.9m, while comparable store sales fell 1.3%.
For the full year, the US company said it posted a net loss of $1.8m, down from the net loss of $8.2m recorded in fiscal 2010.
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Hot Topic saw its losses narrow over the second quarter on the back of rising sales. ...
Hot Topic has improved its second-quarter loss per share guidance as it said it made "solid gains in licensing" ...
US retailer Hop Topic has appointed Kate Horton as vice president and general merchandise manager for its Torrid women's apparel division....
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years