US: Hot Topic returns to profit in Q4
- Q4 net profit of US$9m, versus net loss of $0.6m
- Full-year net loss of $1.8m, down from $8.2m
- Q4 sales down 1.2%
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year’s fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales.
Revenues for the three months to 28 January were down 1.2% to $209.9m, while comparable store sales fell 1.3%.
For the full year, the US company said it posted a net loss of $1.8m, down from the net loss of $8.2m recorded in fiscal 2010.
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Hot Topic saw its losses narrow over the second quarter on the back of rising sales. ...
Hot Topic has improved its second-quarter loss per share guidance as it said it made "solid gains in licensing" ...
US retailer Hop Topic has appointed Kate Horton as vice president and general merchandise manager for its Torrid women's apparel division....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape