US: Hot Topic returns to profit in Q4
- Q4 net profit of US$9m, versus net loss of $0.6m
- Full-year net loss of $1.8m, down from $8.2m
- Q4 sales down 1.2%
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year’s fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales.
Revenues for the three months to 28 January were down 1.2% to $209.9m, while comparable store sales fell 1.3%.
For the full year, the US company said it posted a net loss of $1.8m, down from the net loss of $8.2m recorded in fiscal 2010.
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Hot Topic saw its losses narrow over the second quarter on the back of rising sales. ...
Hot Topic has improved its second-quarter loss per share guidance as it said it made "solid gains in licensing" ...
US retailer Hop Topic has appointed Kate Horton as vice president and general merchandise manager for its Torrid women's apparel division....
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- China and India to exploit trade relationship