US: Hot Topic returns to profit in Q4
- Q4 net profit of US$9m, versus net loss of $0.6m
- Full-year net loss of $1.8m, down from $8.2m
- Q4 sales down 1.2%
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year’s fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales.
Revenues for the three months to 28 January were down 1.2% to $209.9m, while comparable store sales fell 1.3%.
For the full year, the US company said it posted a net loss of $1.8m, down from the net loss of $8.2m recorded in fiscal 2010.
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Hot Topic saw its losses narrow over the second quarter on the back of rising sales. ...
Hot Topic has improved its second-quarter loss per share guidance as it said it made "solid gains in licensing" ...
US retailer Hop Topic has appointed Kate Horton as vice president and general merchandise manager for its Torrid women's apparel division....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory