US: Hot Topic returns to profit in Q4
- Q4 net profit of US$9m, versus net loss of $0.6m
- Full-year net loss of $1.8m, down from $8.2m
- Q4 sales down 1.2%
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year’s fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales.
Revenues for the three months to 28 January were down 1.2% to $209.9m, while comparable store sales fell 1.3%.
For the full year, the US company said it posted a net loss of $1.8m, down from the net loss of $8.2m recorded in fiscal 2010.
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Hot Topic saw its losses narrow over the second quarter on the back of rising sales. ...
Hot Topic has improved its second-quarter loss per share guidance as it said it made "solid gains in licensing" ...
US retailer Hop Topic has appointed Kate Horton as vice president and general merchandise manager for its Torrid women's apparel division....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend