US: Hot Topic to test Blackheart lingerie concept
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic is testing the lingerie market with the launch of five mall-based stores ahead of the holiday season under the Blackheart banner.
The new Blackheart line, which features bras, corsets, hosiery, sleepwear, accessories and beauty products, targets young women aged between 18 and 30. It will be available from the new stores in Southern California and Texas as well as online from 15 November.
The retailer said the concept will test the viability of expanding the existing Hot Topic customer base.
"The Blackheart lingerie concept is a test that allows us to leverage the Hot Topic customer and offer her product categories that will not cannibalise the core Hot Topic brand," said CEO and chairman Lisa Harper.
She added: "We have a great opportunity to aggressively cross-promote Blackheart to our 5m active database customers, nearly 5m Facebook fans and in our 620 Hot Topic stores."
Hot Topic last week said its third-quarter comparable sales climbed 0.2%, while net sales rose 2% to US$179.3m during the 13 weeks ended 27 October.
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic has reported a 34.4% increase in its fourth-quarter profit, driven by higher sales....
US teen apparel retailer Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief operating officer and George Wehlitz as chief financial officer....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024