US: Hot Topic to test Blackheart lingerie concept
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic is testing the lingerie market with the launch of five mall-based stores ahead of the holiday season under the Blackheart banner.
The new Blackheart line, which features bras, corsets, hosiery, sleepwear, accessories and beauty products, targets young women aged between 18 and 30. It will be available from the new stores in Southern California and Texas as well as online from 15 November.
The retailer said the concept will test the viability of expanding the existing Hot Topic customer base.
"The Blackheart lingerie concept is a test that allows us to leverage the Hot Topic customer and offer her product categories that will not cannibalise the core Hot Topic brand," said CEO and chairman Lisa Harper.
She added: "We have a great opportunity to aggressively cross-promote Blackheart to our 5m active database customers, nearly 5m Facebook fans and in our 620 Hot Topic stores."
Hot Topic last week said its third-quarter comparable sales climbed 0.2%, while net sales rose 2% to US$179.3m during the 13 weeks ended 27 October.
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic has reported a 34.4% increase in its fourth-quarter profit, driven by higher sales....
US teen apparel retailer Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief operating officer and George Wehlitz as chief financial officer....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015