US: Hot Topic widens Q1 loss on restructuring costs
- Q1 loss widened to $7.7m from $1.8m
- Total sales fell 0.8% to $161.3m
- Same-store sales increased 0.2%
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic Inc has seen its first quarter losses widen thanks to falling sales and restructuring costs.
Losses in the three months to 30 April include $12.4m in expenses for strategic business changes and its cost reduction plan.
In November the retailer said it would close up to 50 stores and axe 14% of its head office and field management jobs, and earlier this year it revealed plans to discontinue its ShockHound.com music merchandise store.
The company operates 642 Hot Topic stores and 151 Torrid stores.
Growth in US same-store sales appeared to cool in October as weather and economic malaise weighed on retailers, putting extra pressure on businesses as they transition into the crucial holiday season....
Fashion retailer Hot Topic Inc has reported a surge in third quarter profit, thanks to favourable comparisons with the year-ago period which included an impairment charge for the ShockHound music and ...
US apparel retailer Hot Topic has named company CEO Lisa Harper as chairman of its board of directors....
Hot Topic Inc has hired Mark Mizicko as its senior vice president of planning and allocation, tasked with developing the youth fashion retailer's strategies in these areas....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- C&A selects PLM to boost product development