UK: House of Fraser H1 earnings up 22%
- H1 EBITDA rises 22% to GBP13m
- Gross transaction value up 5.5% to GBP480.6m
- Hails success of new Biba women’s wear brand
Rising sales of fashion accessories and own brands helped department store operator House of Fraser to a 22% increase in first-half earnings, with sales up 5.5%.
Like-for-like sales in the six months to 31 July were up 8.4%, the privately held company said, thanks to strong demand for its House Brands and soaring online sales.
House of Fraser said like-for-like sales in the first seven weeks of the second half had risen 10%, boosted by the successful launch of its exclusive Biba women’s wear brand on 9 September.
“We clearly are very encouraged by the strong demand for our House Brands from our customers, and particularly pleased with the recent launch of Biba,” said chief executive John King.
“We expect to see the improving margin impact as these become a larger part of our sales mix.”
Department store chain House of Fraser has announced the launch of a new men's wear range called Label Lab....
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK. ...
UK department store chain has appointed Susanne Given as its new buying director for fashion. ...
UK department store chain House of Fraser has announced the appointment of Andy Harding to the position of director of e-commerce. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details