UK: House of Fraser H1 earnings up 22%
- H1 EBITDA rises 22% to GBP13m
- Gross transaction value up 5.5% to GBP480.6m
- Hails success of new Biba women’s wear brand
Rising sales of fashion accessories and own brands helped department store operator House of Fraser to a 22% increase in first-half earnings, with sales up 5.5%.
Like-for-like sales in the six months to 31 July were up 8.4%, the privately held company said, thanks to strong demand for its House Brands and soaring online sales.
House of Fraser said like-for-like sales in the first seven weeks of the second half had risen 10%, boosted by the successful launch of its exclusive Biba women’s wear brand on 9 September.
“We clearly are very encouraged by the strong demand for our House Brands from our customers, and particularly pleased with the recent launch of Biba,” said chief executive John King.
“We expect to see the improving margin impact as these become a larger part of our sales mix.”
Department store chain House of Fraser has announced the launch of a new men's wear range called Label Lab....
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK. ...
UK department store chain has appointed Susanne Given as its new buying director for fashion. ...
UK department store chain House of Fraser has announced the appointment of Andy Harding to the position of director of e-commerce. ...
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015