UK: House of Fraser H1 earnings up 22%
- H1 EBITDA rises 22% to GBP13m
- Gross transaction value up 5.5% to GBP480.6m
- Hails success of new Biba women’s wear brand
Rising sales of fashion accessories and own brands helped department store operator House of Fraser to a 22% increase in first-half earnings, with sales up 5.5%.
Like-for-like sales in the six months to 31 July were up 8.4%, the privately held company said, thanks to strong demand for its House Brands and soaring online sales.
House of Fraser said like-for-like sales in the first seven weeks of the second half had risen 10%, boosted by the successful launch of its exclusive Biba women’s wear brand on 9 September.
“We clearly are very encouraged by the strong demand for our House Brands from our customers, and particularly pleased with the recent launch of Biba,” said chief executive John King.
“We expect to see the improving margin impact as these become a larger part of our sales mix.”
Department store chain House of Fraser has announced the launch of a new men's wear range called Label Lab....
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK. ...
UK department store chain has appointed Susanne Given as its new buying director for fashion. ...
UK department store chain House of Fraser has announced the appointment of Andy Harding to the position of director of e-commerce. ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts