UK: House of Fraser in takeover talks with Apax
Department store chain House of Fraser is in very preliminary takeover talks after being approached by private equity firm Apax Partners, a House of Fraser spokesperson confirmed to just-style.
The two parties are still at the same point in negotiations as on Friday, when rumours of talks began to surface, the spokesperson indicated.
Industry rumours suggest chief executive John Coleman may be looking to sell the group, which has reported total sales growth after it bought the Jenners and Beatties businesses last year.
House of Fraser has an estimated market value of £279m (US$485.49m).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Space planning isn't a new concept, but its applications, as well as benefits to apparel companies, are continuing to evolve says Stacy Baker....
Department store retailer House of Fraser has reported a 4.6% growth in yearly profits, and said it enjoyed better-than-predicted trading at the start of its new year...
Department store chain House of Fraser said early talks over a potential sale of the company have stopped....
Department store chain House of Fraser has enjoyed a 34.2% net sales rise for the 6-week period ended 7 January, driven by the acquisitions of Jenners and Beatties and new store openings....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
Department store chain James Beattie has confirmed that it has received a second bid approach for its business, following its agreement to be bought by competitor House of Fraser for £69.4 million. ...
The UK's third-biggest department-store chain, House of Fraser Plc, has signed a deal to acquire smaller rival James Beattie Plc for £69.4 million....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective