UK: House of Fraser launches Barbour online
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online - as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK.
The brand's Spring collection has been made available online now alongside brands such as Ted Baker and Ralph Lauren, House of Fraser said.
The company said that sales of wax and quilted jackets made famous by Barbour have been steadily on the rise since last season and House of Fraser shoppers. It said the Country Gent look - inspired by dog walkers, shooting parties and old fashioned country gentry - has made a major comeback in the men's casual wear market.
Faced with constant pressure to expand their businesses, fashion brands and retailers have a number of choices: they can add new merchandise lines, target customers at new price points or in new geogr...
Lifestyle brand Ted Baker reported a double-digit rise in group revenue in the 19 weeks to 11 June, boosted by a 9.4% retail sales increase and a 42.1% surge in wholesale revenues....
Administrators say it is business as usual for the Peter Werth and Pink Soda brands after private equity investors withdrew their support....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: Shoe Carnival, J Crew, Aeropostale
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020