UK: House of Fraser launches Barbour online
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online - as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK.
The brand's Spring collection has been made available online now alongside brands such as Ted Baker and Ralph Lauren, House of Fraser said.
The company said that sales of wax and quilted jackets made famous by Barbour have been steadily on the rise since last season and House of Fraser shoppers. It said the Country Gent look - inspired by dog walkers, shooting parties and old fashioned country gentry - has made a major comeback in the men's casual wear market.
Faced with constant pressure to expand their businesses, fashion brands and retailers have a number of choices: they can add new merchandise lines, target customers at new price points or in new geogr...
Lifestyle brand Ted Baker reported a double-digit rise in group revenue in the 19 weeks to 11 June, boosted by a 9.4% retail sales increase and a 42.1% surge in wholesale revenues....
Administrators say it is business as usual for the Peter Werth and Pink Soda brands after private equity investors withdrew their support....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields