UK: House of Fraser launches Barbour online
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online - as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK.
The brand's Spring collection has been made available online now alongside brands such as Ted Baker and Ralph Lauren, House of Fraser said.
The company said that sales of wax and quilted jackets made famous by Barbour have been steadily on the rise since last season and House of Fraser shoppers. It said the Country Gent look - inspired by dog walkers, shooting parties and old fashioned country gentry - has made a major comeback in the men's casual wear market.
Faced with constant pressure to expand their businesses, fashion brands and retailers have a number of choices: they can add new merchandise lines, target customers at new price points or in new geogr...
Lifestyle brand Ted Baker reported a double-digit rise in group revenue in the 19 weeks to 11 June, boosted by a 9.4% retail sales increase and a 42.1% surge in wholesale revenues....
Administrators say it is business as usual for the Peter Werth and Pink Soda brands after private equity investors withdrew their support....
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- M&S continuing to drive sustainability agenda
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty