UK: House of Fraser launches Barbour online
UK department store chain House of Fraser has launched its Barbour men's wear brand online - as the 'country gent look' takes off in the UK.
The brand's Spring collection has been made available online now alongside brands such as Ted Baker and Ralph Lauren, House of Fraser said.
The company said that sales of wax and quilted jackets made famous by Barbour have been steadily on the rise since last season and House of Fraser shoppers. It said the Country Gent look - inspired by dog walkers, shooting parties and old fashioned country gentry - has made a major comeback in the men's casual wear market.
Faced with constant pressure to expand their businesses, fashion brands and retailers have a number of choices: they can add new merchandise lines, target customers at new price points or in new geogr...
Lifestyle brand Ted Baker reported a double-digit rise in group revenue in the 19 weeks to 11 June, boosted by a 9.4% retail sales increase and a 42.1% surge in wholesale revenues....
Administrators say it is business as usual for the Peter Werth and Pink Soda brands after private equity investors withdrew their support....
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm