UK: House of Fraser to open Middle East stores
Department store retailer House of Fraser has confirmed it is to open its first shops outside the UK after signing a deal to expand into the Middle East with Retail Arabia International.
“This forms a key element of our growth plans for the business, combined with the expansion of our own brands and the development of our multi-channel platform, both nationally and internationally,” explains House of Fraser chief executive John King.
“We believe House of Fraser has significant opportunities in key global markets positioned as a premium department store providing our exclusive brands and concession partners’ entry into new markets.”
While specific details of the plans have not been released yet, likely locations for the new House of Fraser stores are Cairo, Riyadh, Jeddha, Dharan, Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Doha.
Retail Arabia International is a new venture of Daud Arabian and Gulf General Investment, and has already established franchise partnerships with brands including Hamleys and Oscar de le Renta.
House of Fraser, which currently operates 62 stores, is in a buoyant mood after posting a 7.1% hike in sales during the eight-week Christmas trading period.
Trade fashion event Pure London has joined forces with French trade show Who's Next and Premiere Classe to host a buying event in Dubai....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015