UK: House of Fraser to open Middle East stores
Department store retailer House of Fraser has confirmed it is to open its first shops outside the UK after signing a deal to expand into the Middle East with Retail Arabia International.
“This forms a key element of our growth plans for the business, combined with the expansion of our own brands and the development of our multi-channel platform, both nationally and internationally,” explains House of Fraser chief executive John King.
“We believe House of Fraser has significant opportunities in key global markets positioned as a premium department store providing our exclusive brands and concession partners’ entry into new markets.”
While specific details of the plans have not been released yet, likely locations for the new House of Fraser stores are Cairo, Riyadh, Jeddha, Dharan, Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Doha.
Retail Arabia International is a new venture of Daud Arabian and Gulf General Investment, and has already established franchise partnerships with brands including Hamleys and Oscar de le Renta.
House of Fraser, which currently operates 62 stores, is in a buoyant mood after posting a 7.1% hike in sales during the eight-week Christmas trading period.
Trade fashion event Pure London has joined forces with French trade show Who's Next and Premiere Classe to host a buying event in Dubai....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020