UK: HQ jobs to go in Asda restructuring
The company declined to detail the number of jobs impacted, although some reports have suggested in the region of 200 head office positions could be eliminated. No shop floor positions are impacted, a spokesperson for the company said.
The spokesperson added that the move followed a review of the business prompted by a "structural change taking place in the market".
"This led us to set a new strategy in 2013 which will see Asda redefine value retailing in the UK. Consequently, we have been talking to our colleagues for some time about the need for change.
"In the spirit of openness, we've let our colleagues know that we will be having some more detailed discussions with them this week about a new structure."
Asda Stores Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
A near-shore fashion sourcing event set to take place later this month will include a debate on the challenges and opportunities for men's wear....
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
ASDA Stores Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed ...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020