UK: HQ jobs to go in Asda restructuring
The company declined to detail the number of jobs impacted, although some reports have suggested in the region of 200 head office positions could be eliminated. No shop floor positions are impacted, a spokesperson for the company said.
The spokesperson added that the move followed a review of the business prompted by a "structural change taking place in the market".
"This led us to set a new strategy in 2013 which will see Asda redefine value retailing in the UK. Consequently, we have been talking to our colleagues for some time about the need for change.
"In the spirit of openness, we've let our colleagues know that we will be having some more detailed discussions with them this week about a new structure."
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
UK supermarket brand George at Asda is on a journey to a more sustainable supply chain through its Responsible Retail programme. Lynne Tooms, senior director of quality and sourcing, explains why reta...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Synopsis Canadean's "Jaclyn, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and...
Italian fashion giant Benetton is being urged to make the donation it promised into the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund in time for the next round of compensation payments....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards