UK: HQ jobs to go in Asda restructuring
The company declined to detail the number of jobs impacted, although some reports have suggested in the region of 200 head office positions could be eliminated. No shop floor positions are impacted, a spokesperson for the company said.
The spokesperson added that the move followed a review of the business prompted by a "structural change taking place in the market".
"This led us to set a new strategy in 2013 which will see Asda redefine value retailing in the UK. Consequently, we have been talking to our colleagues for some time about the need for change.
"In the spirit of openness, we've let our colleagues know that we will be having some more detailed discussions with them this week about a new structure."
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
UK supermarket brand George at Asda is on a journey to a more sustainable supply chain through its Responsible Retail programme. Lynne Tooms, senior director of quality and sourcing, explains why reta...
Global Online Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descrip...
Online Retail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also co...
Food and drink internet retailing posted outstanding growth in 2012 and 2013. Working females in urban centres with a busy lifestyle find it convenient and time saving to purchase groceries online. It...
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Key pieces of US trade agenda signed into law
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- WEBINAR: Compliance: Why has it failed?
- Myanmar makers mull shut-downs over wage plans