CANADA: Hubbard Buys Lagran’s Warp Knit Division
The acquisition represents approximately 10 per cent of Hubbard's assets and will be paid cash at closing, which shall be held not later than December 29, 2000, the company said.
Hubbard has also announced the appointment of Roger Normandin to president and CEO, subject to regulatory approval. He will also be appointed to Hubbard's board of directors. Mr Normandin has held various senior administrative and management responsibilities within the North American textile industry.
Charles Prosser, Hubbard's past president and CEO, continues as an active member of Hubbard's management and of the board of directors.
Mr. Normandin explained that the acquisition of the assets of the warp knit division of Lagran would permit Hubbard to offer a much more diversified product line of both circular and warp knit fabrics to the North American market.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020