CANADA: Hudson's Bay CFO takes leave of absence
Hudson's Bay Company CFO Michael Culhane has taken a leave of absence, with COO Donald Watros assuming the additional role of acting CFO with immediate effect.
Hudson's Bay has made a raft of executive appointments in recent months, including the promotion of executive vice president of speciality, Mary Turner, to executive vice president of merchandising.
Hudson's Bay Company Names Acting Chief Financial Officer
TORONTO & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hudson's Bay Company (TSX: HBC) announced that effective todayMichael Culhane, HBC's Chief Financial Officer, is on a personal leave of absence from the Company. Also effective today, Donald Watros, Chief Operating Officer of HBC, has assumed the additional responsibilities of acting Chief Financial Officer.
About Hudson's Bay Company
Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), founded in 1670, is North America's longest continually operated company. Today, HBC offers customers an unparalleled range of retailing categories and shopping experiences internationally. InCanada, HBC operates Hudson's Bay, Canada's largest department store with 90 full-line locations and one outlet store as well as thebay.com, unsurpassed in its fashion, beauty, home and accessory designers and brands. HBC also operates Home Outfitters, Canada's largest home specialty superstore with 69 locations across the country.
In the United States, HBC operates Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world's pre-eminent specialty retailers, renowned for its superlative designer collections and first-rate fashion expertise. Saks Fifth Avenue comprises 41 full-line stores in 22 states, five international licensed stores, saks.com, 72 Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH stores and saksoff5th.com. HBC also operates Lord & Taylor, a leading department store chain with 49 full-line store locations throughout the northeastern United States, in two major cities in the Midwest and in Boca Raton, Florida, four Lord & Taylor outlet locations and lordandtaylor.com. Hudson's Bay Company banners provide stylish, quality merchandise with a dedicated focus on service excellence. Hudson's Bay Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "HBC".
Hudson's Bay Company
Lucas Evans, 416-861-4444
Senior Vice President, Treasury & Investor Relations
Stephanie Thornbury, 416-436-8086
Source: Hudson's Bay Company
News Provided by Acquire Media
Original source: http://investor.hbc.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=820533
The company’s strategic aim is to continue focusing on department stores and its flagship Hudson’s Bay brand across Canada, with particularly strong support for the top 10 outlets with highest volume ...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024