CANADA: Hudson's Bay promotes Greller to head up outlets
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed Jonathan Greller to head up its outlet stores.
Greller, previously group SVP for Hudson's Bay and Lord & Taylor, has been promoted to the role with immediate effect. He will lead all three group banners: Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Lord & Taylor and Hudson's Bay outlets.
"This is an exciting time for HBC and the Saks brand, as we look forward to our expansion into Canada," said Richard Baker, CEO of Hudson's Bay.
"Jonathan's experience and proven track record of success will help drive our growth strategy and elevate the Saks Off 5th experience on both sides of the border, and further develop the outlet platform for our Lord & Taylor and Hudson's Bay banners."
Last month, Hudson's Bay promoted its COO, Donald Watros, to the newly-expanded role of group president.
The appointment came a week after the company reported widening net losses in its third-quarter. The losses were mainly due to the cost of buying US-based luxury retailer Saks for US$2.9bn, which closed in November.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has outlined a US$1.25bn refinancing plan that will allow it to improve and renovate its Saks flagship store....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis