CANADA: Hudson's Bay promotes Greller to head up outlets
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed Jonathan Greller to head up its outlet stores.
Greller, previously group SVP for Hudson's Bay and Lord & Taylor, has been promoted to the role with immediate effect. He will lead all three group banners: Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Lord & Taylor and Hudson's Bay outlets.
"This is an exciting time for HBC and the Saks brand, as we look forward to our expansion into Canada," said Richard Baker, CEO of Hudson's Bay.
"Jonathan's experience and proven track record of success will help drive our growth strategy and elevate the Saks Off 5th experience on both sides of the border, and further develop the outlet platform for our Lord & Taylor and Hudson's Bay banners."
Last month, Hudson's Bay promoted its COO, Donald Watros, to the newly-expanded role of group president.
The appointment came a week after the company reported widening net losses in its third-quarter. The losses were mainly due to the cost of buying US-based luxury retailer Saks for US$2.9bn, which closed in November.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
The company’s strategic aim is to continue focusing on department stores and its flagship Hudson’s Bay brand across Canada, with particularly strong support for the top 10 outlets with highest volume ...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024