CANADA: Hudson's Bay Q3 net loss widens
- Q3 net losses widen toC$124.2m
- Net sales grow 5.8%
- Acquisition costs hit earnings
The company's net loss widened to CAD124.2m (US$117.2m) in the three months ended 2 November from CAD14.4m a year earlier. The drop was mainly due to the cost of buying US-based luxury retailer Saks for US$2.9bn, which closed last month.
Excluding acquisition-related and restructuring costs, Hudson's Bay earned C$8.9m from a loss of CAD300,000 in the prior year period.
Consolidated sales, however, were up 5.8% to CAD984.1m, while same store sales grew 5.7%.
For the fourth quarter, Hudson's Bay is forecasting sales of CAD1.37bn to CAD1.41bn and normalized EBITDA of CAD160m to CAD180m.
Hudson's Bay Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service off...
Higher costs related to its CAD2.9bn (US$2.63bn) acquisition of luxury retailer Saks resulted in a 67% decline in fourth-quarter profit for Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company....
The Hudson’s Bay Co is directing its focus on the company’s department store retail segment and its flagship, The Bay, stores across Canada. These have been undergoing changes to attract more affluent...
Wayne Meichner, president and COO of Ralph Lauren Retail Group, is to leave the business after 12 years....
Saks Incorporated (SKS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glo...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has created a new digital division, which will be led by Michael Burgess....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects