GERMANY: Hugo Boss COO Hans Fluri takes new post
German fashion firm Hugo Boss said its COO Hans Fluri is to become chairman of parent group Red & Black Lux Sàrl.
Fluri will resign from office as a member of the managing board of Hugo Boss by 31 March 2009 at the latest, a statement said.
He will be replaced by Klaus-Gerhard Bierbrauer as COO and a member of its managing board.
Bierbrauer will take charge of purchasing, production and logistics and will assume the role of COO from 1 April.
For the past eight years, Bierbrauer has been responsible for the operative management of the Gucci Group's fashion activities.
Red & Black Lux is the parent company of Valentino Fashion Group, which is the main shareholder of Hugo Boss.
Scottish textile firm Dawson International Plc has agreed to sell its Todd & Duncan business cashmere yarn spinning business to one of its Chinese suppliers, seven months after discussions began....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is teaming up with fashion designer Stella McCartney to launch a new children's wear line later this year....
Top sports and fashion brands including Gucci, Adidas/Reebok, Timberland, Geox, Clarks and Nike, have been accused of contributing to the destruction of the Amazon rainforest by using leather from cat...
Hugo Boss has appointed Christoph Auhagen as a member of the group's managing board and as its future chief brand officer (CBO)....
Apparel and footwear maker Kenneth Cole Productions has hired Ingo Wilts to the new post of creative director, joining the company at the beginning of August....
Söktas Turkey, one of the world's leading manufacturers of shirting fabric, today (12 May) opened a new US$45m factory in India to supply material to ready-made garment producers in South East Asia....
Italian fashion house Gucci is suing Guess? in the US, alleging that the jeans and accessories company has copied its trademarks with "reckless disregard" for the law....
Fashion label Hugo Boss's first quarter profit held firm with a 1.5% decline to EUR64m (US$84.6m), thanks to the company's expanding retail operations in the Americas....
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)