GERMANY: Hugo Boss COO Hans Fluri takes new post
German fashion firm Hugo Boss said its COO Hans Fluri is to become chairman of parent group Red & Black Lux Sàrl.
Fluri will resign from office as a member of the managing board of Hugo Boss by 31 March 2009 at the latest, a statement said.
He will be replaced by Klaus-Gerhard Bierbrauer as COO and a member of its managing board.
Bierbrauer will take charge of purchasing, production and logistics and will assume the role of COO from 1 April.
For the past eight years, Bierbrauer has been responsible for the operative management of the Gucci Group's fashion activities.
Red & Black Lux is the parent company of Valentino Fashion Group, which is the main shareholder of Hugo Boss.
Scottish textile firm Dawson International Plc has agreed to sell its Todd & Duncan business cashmere yarn spinning business to one of its Chinese suppliers, seven months after discussions began....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is teaming up with fashion designer Stella McCartney to launch a new children's wear line later this year....
Top sports and fashion brands including Gucci, Adidas/Reebok, Timberland, Geox, Clarks and Nike, have been accused of contributing to the destruction of the Amazon rainforest by using leather from cat...
Hugo Boss has appointed Christoph Auhagen as a member of the group's managing board and as its future chief brand officer (CBO)....
Apparel and footwear maker Kenneth Cole Productions has hired Ingo Wilts to the new post of creative director, joining the company at the beginning of August....
Söktas Turkey, one of the world's leading manufacturers of shirting fabric, today (12 May) opened a new US$45m factory in India to supply material to ready-made garment producers in South East Asia....
Italian fashion house Gucci is suing Guess? in the US, alleging that the jeans and accessories company has copied its trademarks with "reckless disregard" for the law....
Fashion label Hugo Boss's first quarter profit held firm with a 1.5% decline to EUR64m (US$84.6m), thanks to the company's expanding retail operations in the Americas....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead