GERMANY: Hugo Boss forecasts faster growth in 2014
- Q4 profit up 7% to EUR333.4m versus EUR310.6m
- Sales rise 4% to EUR2.43bn from EUR2.35bn
- Company aims to grow faster in 2014
Europe was the fastest growing region for Hugo Boss in 2013
German fashion business Hugo Boss has said it expects to grow at a faster pace this year after reporting record earnings and sales for 2013.
Sales during the year were driven by double-digit growth in Great Britain and France. Europe as a whole was the fastest growing region, with sales up 7% after currency adjustments.
In the Americas, revenues adjusted for currency effects increased by 6%. Thanks to the expansion of the group's own retail business, Asia reported sales growth of 4% after currency adjustments.
Group-wide adjusted wholesale revenues, however, declined 6% during the year.
"We have continued writing the success story that is Hugo Boss over the past fiscal year," said CEO Claus-Dietrich Lahrs.
"We have been able to further enhance the quality of our brand presence. This year and beyond, we will profit from the greater strength and global reach of the Boss brand. I am confident that we will accelerate our rate of growth compared to the prior year."
For 2014, the company expects high single-digit in adjusted sales, with all regions expected to contribute to the target. Double-digit growth is forecast for its own retail business, while the wholesale channels is likely to remain stable.
EBITDA is also forecast to increase at a high single-digit rate. Hugo Boss also said it expects to generate sales of EUR3bn (US$4.2m) in 2015.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
Virtual fit specialists Fits.me and Clothes Horse have signed a merger deal that will create the world's largest, fit-focused, virtual fitting room solutions provider....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024