GERMANY: Hugo Boss posts 30% growth in Q4 income
- Q4 net income grew 30% to EUR70m (US$93.7m)
- Sales grew 22% to EUR607m
- Comparable store sales climbed 4%
German fashion brand Hugo Boss has seen fourth quarter profit jump 30% on rising sales and tight cost controls.
The company said today (8 January) that net income surged to EUR70m over the quarter ended 31 December, which it attributed to sales growth and strict management of operating expenses.
Sales grew 18% over the period after adjusting for currency effects, or up 22% in euro terms to EUR607m. The gains were helped by the continued expansion of its store network, as well as a 4% rise in comparable store sales.
Over the full year, net income grew 8% to EUR307m. Sales were up 10% on a currency neutral basis, rising 14% in euro to EUR2.3bn.
"The positive business performance in 2012 has brought us a good step closer to achieving our medium-term targets", said CEO Claus-Dietrich Lahrs.
"Despite the still challenging market environment, I am confident that we will continue to post stronger growth than the overall market in 2013."
German fashion business Hugo Boss boosted net profit by 27% in the second quarter, thanks to a double-digit sales increase with contributions from all regions and distribution channels....
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has made a series of changes to its management structure, with Knut Brokelmann, senior vice president of Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, moving to specialise in th...
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has named Jason Wu as artistic director of Boss Women's wear. ...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry