GERMANY: Hugo Boss posts 30% growth in Q4 income
- Q4 net income grew 30% to EUR70m (US$93.7m)
- Sales grew 22% to EUR607m
- Comparable store sales climbed 4%
German fashion brand Hugo Boss has seen fourth quarter profit jump 30% on rising sales and tight cost controls.
The company said today (8 January) that net income surged to EUR70m over the quarter ended 31 December, which it attributed to sales growth and strict management of operating expenses.
Sales grew 18% over the period after adjusting for currency effects, or up 22% in euro terms to EUR607m. The gains were helped by the continued expansion of its store network, as well as a 4% rise in comparable store sales.
Over the full year, net income grew 8% to EUR307m. Sales were up 10% on a currency neutral basis, rising 14% in euro to EUR2.3bn.
"The positive business performance in 2012 has brought us a good step closer to achieving our medium-term targets", said CEO Claus-Dietrich Lahrs.
"Despite the still challenging market environment, I am confident that we will continue to post stronger growth than the overall market in 2013."
German fashion business Hugo Boss boosted net profit by 27% in the second quarter, thanks to a double-digit sales increase with contributions from all regions and distribution channels....
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has made a series of changes to its management structure, with Knut Brokelmann, senior vice president of Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, moving to specialise in th...
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has named Jason Wu as artistic director of Boss Women's wear. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019