GERMANY: Hugo Boss posts 30% growth in Q4 income
- Q4 net income grew 30% to EUR70m (US$93.7m)
- Sales grew 22% to EUR607m
- Comparable store sales climbed 4%
German fashion brand Hugo Boss has seen fourth quarter profit jump 30% on rising sales and tight cost controls.
The company said today (8 January) that net income surged to EUR70m over the quarter ended 31 December, which it attributed to sales growth and strict management of operating expenses.
Sales grew 18% over the period after adjusting for currency effects, or up 22% in euro terms to EUR607m. The gains were helped by the continued expansion of its store network, as well as a 4% rise in comparable store sales.
Over the full year, net income grew 8% to EUR307m. Sales were up 10% on a currency neutral basis, rising 14% in euro to EUR2.3bn.
"The positive business performance in 2012 has brought us a good step closer to achieving our medium-term targets", said CEO Claus-Dietrich Lahrs.
"Despite the still challenging market environment, I am confident that we will continue to post stronger growth than the overall market in 2013."
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
German fashion business Hugo Boss boosted net profit by 27% in the second quarter, thanks to a double-digit sales increase with contributions from all regions and distribution channels....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has made a series of changes to its management structure, with Knut Brokelmann, senior vice president of Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, moving to specialise in th...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has named Jason Wu as artistic director of Boss Women's wear. ...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects