GERMANY: Hugo Boss sales growth to slow in 2006
German fashion group Hugo Boss today reported a 12% increase in sales for fiscal 2005, and said it expects sales and earnings growth to be slower in 2006.
The company said its record sales of EUR1,309.4m (US$1,579.4m) in 2005, up from EUR1,168.4m in 2004, were boosted by the "successful realignment of its business with the three growth segments of Womenswear, Shoes and Leather Accessories, and Directly Operated Stores (DOS).
Sales of Boss Womenswear climbed by 38% to EUR95.7m, while sales in the group's Directly Operated Stores (DOS) business rose by 41% to EUR137.5m.
Net income rose by 23% to EUR108.2m, up from EUR88.2m in 2004.
"We are well positioned for the future and are confident that we can continue to grow significantly stronger than the global fashion market," said Dr Bruno Sälzer, chief executive officer in his outlook on fiscal 2006.
He told a news conference that pretax and net profits and sales should all rise between 7% and 9% this year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
German clothing firm Hugo Boss has criticised the Turkish government's tax policy in the country's free trade zones, saying that they have prevented the company from setting up a major production hub ...
Wang Shenyang, Chairman of China Chamber of Commerce for Imports and Exports of Textiles, said that Pakistan and China need to work with each other to boost the development of textiles trade....
Luxury goods giant Hugo Boss AG plans to grow sales from its Boss Woman unit by approximately 30 per cent to almost €90 million this year, chief executive officer Bruno Saelzer told German magazine Eu...
Italian clothing and textiles group Marzotto does not plan any "extraordinary operations" for the Hugo Boss brand, Reuters quoted chairman Antonio Favrin as saying....
Colombian clothing distributor Le Collezioni has agreed a contract with Italian garment maker Loro Piana to exclusively distribute its products in Colombia....
Luxury goods company Hugo Boss AG is planning to grow its shoes and accessories divisions over the coming years in order to capitalise on growing sales in those sectors, Financial Times Deutschland qu...
Fashion and textiles group Marzotto SpA said first-quarter 2005 sales and profits grew on good performances at its Hugo Boss and Valentino clothing units....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022