GERMANY: Hugo Boss takes control of China and Macau stores
Hugo Boss will now operates its 55 stores in China and Macau
German fashion business Hugo Boss has acquired the remaining equity stake in its joint venture with franchise partner Rainbow Group, taking full control of its China and Macau store network.
The company acquired 40% from its long standing partner, and will now operate its store network of 55 in China and Macau fully on its own going forward.
Hugo Boss entered into the joint venture agreement with Rainbow Group in July 2010, holding a 60% stake. Rainbow Group supported the Hugo Boss business in China with its local market knowledge and sophisticated retail operations, which has more than tripled since 2009.
In fiscal 2013, the operations generated sales of EUR94m (US$128.4m).
"Over the last few years, we have firmly established Hugo Boss as one of the most highly recognised premium and luxury apparel brands in China", said Claus-Dietrich Lahrs, CEO of Hugo Boss.
"We are confident that the consolidation of our distribution activities in China will further elevate the quality of brand presentation, increase productivity and contribute to the strength of our operational platform in a market offering tremendous opportunities for Hugo Boss."
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
Virtual fit specialists Fits.me and Clothes Horse have signed a merger deal that will create the world's largest, fit-focused, virtual fitting room solutions provider....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead