GERMANY: Hugo Boss takes control of China and Macau stores
Hugo Boss will now operates its 55 stores in China and Macau
German fashion business Hugo Boss has acquired the remaining equity stake in its joint venture with franchise partner Rainbow Group, taking full control of its China and Macau store network.
The company acquired 40% from its long standing partner, and will now operate its store network of 55 in China and Macau fully on its own going forward.
Hugo Boss entered into the joint venture agreement with Rainbow Group in July 2010, holding a 60% stake. Rainbow Group supported the Hugo Boss business in China with its local market knowledge and sophisticated retail operations, which has more than tripled since 2009.
In fiscal 2013, the operations generated sales of EUR94m (US$128.4m).
"Over the last few years, we have firmly established Hugo Boss as one of the most highly recognised premium and luxury apparel brands in China", said Claus-Dietrich Lahrs, CEO of Hugo Boss.
"We are confident that the consolidation of our distribution activities in China will further elevate the quality of brand presentation, increase productivity and contribute to the strength of our operational platform in a market offering tremendous opportunities for Hugo Boss."
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report