GERMANY: Hugo Boss takes control of China and Macau stores
Hugo Boss will now operates its 55 stores in China and Macau
German fashion business Hugo Boss has acquired the remaining equity stake in its joint venture with franchise partner Rainbow Group, taking full control of its China and Macau store network.
The company acquired 40% from its long standing partner, and will now operate its store network of 55 in China and Macau fully on its own going forward.
Hugo Boss entered into the joint venture agreement with Rainbow Group in July 2010, holding a 60% stake. Rainbow Group supported the Hugo Boss business in China with its local market knowledge and sophisticated retail operations, which has more than tripled since 2009.
In fiscal 2013, the operations generated sales of EUR94m (US$128.4m).
"Over the last few years, we have firmly established Hugo Boss as one of the most highly recognised premium and luxury apparel brands in China", said Claus-Dietrich Lahrs, CEO of Hugo Boss.
"We are confident that the consolidation of our distribution activities in China will further elevate the quality of brand presentation, increase productivity and contribute to the strength of our operational platform in a market offering tremendous opportunities for Hugo Boss."
Boss is one of the most renowned German fashion labels. The company’s great success is in large part due to the high levels of recognition and popularity enjoyed by Hugo Boss’ brands. In order to main...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
During 2014, apparel accessories in Germany continued to benefit mainly from two major trends, which resulted in strong positive value growth. Current fashion trends often focus on accessories in orde...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015