ITALY: Human Solutions buys stake in Assyst unit
3D body scanning and fit expert Human Solutions GmbH is continuing its software expansion after acquiring a 45% stake in Italian company Assyst Sistemi.
The move comes after the German firm in May bought the software assets of bankrupt CAD/CAM supplier Assyst GmbH, which owned part of its Italian subsidiary.
"For us, the Italian apparel market is one of the most important in Europe, on a par with the German mar," said Dr Andreas Seidl, Human Solutions' CEO.
"The interconnection between Italian fashion consciousness and 'Made in Germany' technology will enable us to keep abreast of European fashion trends and make assyst solutions successful on a global scale."
"With assyst and Human Solutions together, we can address the entire value-added chain in the apparel industry - all the way from the store to product development and cut construction," added Peter Stampfli, CEO of Sistemi Assyst.
"This move has created one of the largest niche suppliers for the apparel sector, and not only in Germany."
Assyst supplies a range of computer aided design (CAD) and Product Data Management (PDM) software for the clothing industry, which includes tools for 2D and 3D design, pattern cutting, grading, costings, marker making and cut order planning.
The Human Solutions group of companies, which includes Human Solutions in North America, Assyst GmbH and Sistemi Assyst, now has around 160 employees at four global sites.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
CAD/CAM supplier Assyst GmbH has strengthened its Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team with the addition of former Hugo Boss executive Dr Jürgen Rudolph....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022