UK: Hunter Still Keen On House Of Fraser
Hunter saw his first bid of almost £200 million rejected last week but said yesterday his firm will seek further talks with the retail group early in the New Year to avoid suggestions a possible bid could cause disruption to festive trading.
"This is a serious approach and I look forward to renewing talks with the management of House of Fraser in the New Year," he added.
The 41-year-old has already won the backing of Icelandic retail giant Baugur which holds an eight per cent stake in the group while TBH has a 4.7 per cent stake in the retailer.
Hunter, who made £260 million when he sold Sports Division to JJB Sports in 1998, wants to take the group, which is reported to have debts of around £120m, private.
Rejecting Hunter’s £197m bid last week. House of Fraser said it was "firmly of the view that this indicative offer does not reflect the value of the company's business, assets and its prospects".
Companies: House of Fraser
Department store chain House of Fraser is in very preliminary takeover talks after being approached by private equity firm Apax Partners, a House of Fraser spokesperson confirmed to just-style....
Department store chain House of Fraser has enjoyed a 34.2% net sales rise for the 6-week period ended 7 January, driven by the acquisitions of Jenners and Beatties and new store openings....
Struggling fashion chain French connection is at the centre of takeover speculation after Icelandic investor Baugur upped its stake in the business....
Icelandic retailer Baugur has increased its stake in fashion chain French Connection, which yesterday reported a 68 per cent slump in first-half pretax profit....
Icelandic retail investor Baugur is set to buy ladies' fashion retailer Jane Norman for more than GBP100 million in a deal backed by Icelandic bank Kaupthing....
Iceland-based investment group Baugur is not currently planning to launch a bid for value retail giant Matalan, according to a source close to the company....
Shares bought in retail group Arcadia by Jon Asgeir Johannesson, chief executive of Icelandic retailer Baugur, are being probed in a fraud case started by Icelandic police....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report