UK: Hunters Gets Tied Up On The Internet With IUKE Best Practice
A master silk tie maker might not be the obvious choice to find out about e-commerce, but Savile Row based Hunters Ties has just joined the Inside UK Enterprise (IUKE) best practice programme to show other British companies how to create a truly interactive business.
Entrepreneurs Martin Brighty and David Fraser Walker set up www.luxuryties.com in 1996 and now have a turnover of £0.25m and a number of celebrities amongst their regular customers. And, as Martin explained: "We joined IUKE to show people that with careful planning it doesn't need to cost a fortune to set up your business on the web."
IUKE is a Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) initiative that offers a networking programme of one-day visits to companies. Funded by the Small Business Service, it is committed to improving performance and aims to increase productivity and help businesses learn from each other through best practice.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020