UK: Hunters Gets Tied Up On The Internet With IUKE Best Practice
A master silk tie maker might not be the obvious choice to find out about e-commerce, but Savile Row based Hunters Ties has just joined the Inside UK Enterprise (IUKE) best practice programme to show other British companies how to create a truly interactive business.
Entrepreneurs Martin Brighty and David Fraser Walker set up www.luxuryties.com in 1996 and now have a turnover of £0.25m and a number of celebrities amongst their regular customers. And, as Martin explained: "We joined IUKE to show people that with careful planning it doesn't need to cost a fortune to set up your business on the web."
IUKE is a Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) initiative that offers a networking programme of one-day visits to companies. Funded by the Small Business Service, it is committed to improving performance and aims to increase productivity and help businesses learn from each other through best practice.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022