US: Huntsman launches new textile coating products
The Textile Effects business of chemicals manufacturer Huntsman has launched a new range of silicone coating products, called Dicrylan S, W and C polymers.
They are designed for technical textiles and other applications - including building and industrial materials, protective, medical and sports textiles, and apparel - Huntsman said.
"Dicrylan S, W and C polymers expand our range of specialty chemical coatings," said Michael Effing, vice president, textile effects, region Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The company said its new polymers have very high resistance to abrasion, ageing and fluctuating temperatures, and a high heat stability and excellent fastness to washing.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Technical textiles for the apparel industry, ranging from stain resistant clothing for catering staff to all-in-one suits for nuclear, biological and chemical warfare, looks set to be a fruitful area ...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022