UK: Huntsman Polyurethanes launches new sole solutions
Footwear soling maker Huntsman Polyurethanes has launched two new products for casual and athletic footwear manufacturers.
The new additions - Avalon AST and Avalon ABEP - are said to be easy to process, ideally suited for injection moulding applications, and can help create highly durable shoe and boot soles.
Avalon AST is specifically for the athletic shoe market, where its special thermal abrasion resistance helps prevent the sole from degrading when it heats up during indoor activities like squash and basketball.
Avalon ABEP has a viscosity that increases as the temperature rises, slowing its flow during injection moulding and reducing the potential for 'flash' or overflow to occur.
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores