Huntsman reactive inks to enhance digital printing
Huntsman Textile Effects, the manufacturer of chemicals and dye products, has introduced a range of reactive inks designed to deliver deeper shades and optimum print performance at a lower cost.
The Novacron XKS HD inks for industrial ink jet printing of apparel or home textiles require less ink to achieve the desired depth of colour. They offer up to 50% more colour intensity than other reactive inks available in the market, Huntsman says, delivering a high-performance result with minimal printer maintenance or downtime, and minimises ink wastage.
"Industrial digital printing faces the challenge of delivering superior quality and optimum print reliability while effectively managing cost and environmental impact," says Joerg von Allmen, global director of new business development for Huntsman Textile Effects.
He added: "Our innovative formulation enhances efficiency by reducing ink consumption without compromising on colour intensity."
The Novacron XKS HD ink range contains eight high density colours, including very deep black, and can be combined with Huntsman’s Prepajet Uni pre-preparation auxiliary for "exceptional colour, printing efficiency and cost savings".
The polymer structure of the Prepajet Uni auxiliary prevents ink migration on the fabric surface, enabling optimum sharpness, definition and colour intensity. It is easy to apply and remove, and is suitable for use on all fibres.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar