SINGAPORE: Huntsman unveils eco-friendly digital printing inks
Huntsman Textile Effects has launched what it claims is a first for the global textile industry with its Terasil inks, which enable industrial-speed dye sublimation transfer-paper printing.
Terasil Subli XKS inks are designed specifically for the Kyocera high-speed printing head, and use a waterless application system that ensures "excellent runnability and consistency at speeds up to 30 metres/min, with excellent colour depth", the company says.
The Kyocera-approved inks will help dyehouses adopt industrial-scale sublimation printing as an alternative to direct printing, which Huntsman says is both time-consuming and water intensive, requiring 60-80 litres of water to produce 1kg of high quality printed polyester goods.
"The new Terasil Subli XKS inks deliver excellent results through a simplified application process that entirely eliminates the need for water during printing," said Kevin Myers, global marketing manager for Inkjets.
"We expect these new inks to significantly boost customers' digital printing capabilities and to help drive sustainability across the textiles sector."
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details