US: Hurley CEO Egeck leaves, replaced by founder
Nike has announced that Hurley founder and chairman Bob Hurley will become interim CEO of the sportswear brand, replacing Michael Egeck, who has been named as president and CEO of outdoor retailer Eddie Bauer.
Hurley will work closely with Nike Affiliates president Roger Wyett through the transition.
"I'd like to thank Michael for his work during his time with the brand. Hurley continues to be an important part of the Nike Inc portfolio as a deeply authentic and innovative surf brand, and serves as a key component of our integrated action sports strategy alongside the Nike brand and Converse," said Wyett.
Esprit has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, joining the Roadmap to Zero initiative launched by a number of leading brands and retailers ...
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
Adidas has welcomed a decision by the Nuremberg District Court to reject Nike's request for an injunction to stop Adidas making and selling its Primeknit shoe in Germany....
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report