US: Hurley CEO Egeck leaves, replaced by founder
Nike has announced that Hurley founder and chairman Bob Hurley will become interim CEO of the sportswear brand, replacing Michael Egeck, who has been named as president and CEO of outdoor retailer Eddie Bauer.
Hurley will work closely with Nike Affiliates president Roger Wyett through the transition.
"I'd like to thank Michael for his work during his time with the brand. Hurley continues to be an important part of the Nike Inc portfolio as a deeply authentic and innovative surf brand, and serves as a key component of our integrated action sports strategy alongside the Nike brand and Converse," said Wyett.
Esprit has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, joining the Roadmap to Zero initiative launched by a number of leading brands and retailers ...
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
Adidas has welcomed a decision by the Nuremberg District Court to reject Nike's request for an injunction to stop Adidas making and selling its Primeknit shoe in Germany....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019