US: Hurley CEO Egeck leaves, replaced by founder
Nike has announced that Hurley founder and chairman Bob Hurley will become interim CEO of the sportswear brand, replacing Michael Egeck, who has been named as president and CEO of outdoor retailer Eddie Bauer.
Hurley will work closely with Nike Affiliates president Roger Wyett through the transition.
"I'd like to thank Michael for his work during his time with the brand. Hurley continues to be an important part of the Nike Inc portfolio as a deeply authentic and innovative surf brand, and serves as a key component of our integrated action sports strategy alongside the Nike brand and Converse," said Wyett.
Nike has secured market leadership by spending on endorsements and innovative product development. Brand equity across its portfolio, but above all the Nike brand itself, is exceptional, underpinning ...
Esprit has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, joining the Roadmap to Zero initiative launched by a number of leading brands and retailers ...
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy