US: Hurley sues Old Navy over board short designs
It claims Old Navy has been selling board shorts that feature "relatively rigid waistband material with extremely high stretch body material", a design it patented in 2007.
Hurley said the Phantom board short has experienced commercial success and been the subject of industry praise, including winning the Surf Industry Manufacturer's Association "Boardshort of the Year" for the past four years.
The suit alleges that Old Navy is exploiting the technology that Hurley worked hard to develop.
Hurley is seeking an injunction preventing Old Navy from continuing to sell the products. It also wants an unspecified amount of damages.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Gene McCarthy, senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, is to leave the performance apparel and footwear specialist next month....
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Sportswear giant Nike is investigating claims that one of its supplier factories in Indonesia is allegedly paying military personnel to intimidate employees into working for less than the minimum wage...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
International apparel retailers are looking to strengthen their presence in lower-tier cities in China amid increasing competition, a report by the Li & Fung Research Centre has found....
The US Supreme Court has backed US sportswear giant Nike in a trademark ruling against smaller rival Already LLC, maker of Yums athletic shoes....
US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp has poached a second executive from specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc in the space of a week, appointing Evan Price as its new chief financial officer....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide