US: Hutchinson to lead Sears supply chain business
US retailer Sears Holdings Corporation has appointed former Dell executive William Hutchinson as head of its supply chain business.
Hutchinson will join the company as senior vice president and president of supply chain, taking over from Raj Penkar who is set to retire on 31 May.
He most recently served as vice president of global fulfillment and logistics for Dell Inc. In his new role, Hutchinson will be accountable for all aspects of the company's supply chain, including distribution, transportation, customs compliance and global sourcing.
"Bill possesses the right combination of leadership, operational proficiency and technical acumen to lead our supply chain business unit," said Edward Lampert, Sears CEO. "His significant background working within retail environments will support a seamless transition and Bill's proven ability to achieve results is critical to improving our members' experience."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line has appointed Imran Jooma as chief omnichannel officer and executive vice president....
Apparel retailer Lands' End has named Dolce & Gabbana USA president Federica Marchionni as its new CEO, following the resignation of CEO Edgar Huber....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report