SOUTH KOREA: Huvis To Buy Saehan’s Synthetic Fibre Unit
Huvis, a company that was created from a merger of the synthetic fibre divisions of SK Chemical and Samyang Corp, intends to acquire Saehan Corp's synthetic fibre operation, industry sources told the Korea Post yesterday. Saehan is now under a debt workout programme supervised by the Korea Development Bank (KDB).If Huvis acquires Saehan's synthetic fibre unit, it will emerge as Korea's largest producer of polyester filament yarn. It has already become the world's largest supplier of polyester staple fibre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020