SOUTH KOREA: Huvis To Buy Saehan’s Synthetic Fibre Unit
Huvis, a company that was created from a merger of the synthetic fibre divisions of SK Chemical and Samyang Corp, intends to acquire Saehan Corp's synthetic fibre operation, industry sources told the Korea Post yesterday. Saehan is now under a debt workout programme supervised by the Korea Development Bank (KDB).If Huvis acquires Saehan's synthetic fibre unit, it will emerge as Korea's largest producer of polyester filament yarn. It has already become the world's largest supplier of polyester staple fibre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar