SOUTH KOREA: Hyosung Corp swings back to FY profit
Hyosung Corp, one of South Korea's leading textile manufacturers, has swung back to a full year profit of KRW83.5bn (US$88.2m) in 2006.
This compares to a net loss of KRW60.2bn a year earlier, the company said in regulatory filing. Revenue dropped 1.5% to KRW478bn.
Profits were boosted by growth in its heavy industry unit and the sale of properties.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Hyosung has launched a new branded elastane yarn developed to meet consumer needs for greater comfort....
Hyosung Corporation's Creora elastane brand has launched a range of eco-friendly fabrics for intimate apparel, seamless garments, socks and hosiery, sports apparel and ready-to-wear....
Colombian synthetic fibre manufacturer Enka de Colombia SA is to sell polyester fibres in the Andean region after signing a distribution agreement with South Korean industrial conglomerate Hyosung Cor...
South Korea's Hyosung Corp, the second largest spandex producer in the world, has set up a Chinese unit - Hyosung International Trade (Jiaxing) Co - to sell spandex and polyester fibres produced in Ch...
Hyosung, currently the second largest spandex producer in the world, is to invest $130m in a new spandex facility in Turkey to meet the needs of fabric makers in Europe....
Fibre maker Hyosung Corp swung to a KRW83.5bn (US$88.7m) profit in 2006, helped by growth in the heavy industry sector and the sale of its properties. Last year the company reported a net loss of KRW6...
South Korean fibre maker Hyosung is expanding production at its facilities in Korea and China to meet shortages in spandex. The company also said it has finalised a deal to buy Tongkook's spandex faci...
South Korean textile firm Hyosung has won a court case against rival Asahi Kasei Fibers over the latter's patented spandex technology according to a Hyosung legal representative cited in the press....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing