SOUTH KOREA: Hyosung Launches Nanotechnology Fibre
Hyosung Corp, South Korea's leading synthetic fibre manufacturer, has launched its first nanotechnology fibre with antibacterial properties for garments ranging from underwear to sportswear.
The Mipan Nano-Magic Silver fibres are infused with minute silver particles which are claimed to be 99.9 per cent effective at preventing infection, including pneumobacilli, colon bacilli and fungi causing athlete's foot.
The fibre also emits infra-red rays that help improve blood circulation and metabolism Hyosung says.
The silver is mixed into the raw materials during the polymeric process, helping to retain the antibiotic effect and infra-red emission after repeated washes. Its dye uptake is said to be excellent, and Hyosung also claims it is more environmentally friendly since the antibiotic substance does not dissolve during washing.
The global market for nanofibres for clothing is currently worth $2.6 billion, and continues to expand by an annual growth rate of over 10 per cent.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Smart textiles and interactive fabrics are set to look after people at all stages of their lives. Existing products and future developments will lead to clothing which is capable of looking after itse...
Under the banners of 'Focusing on Innovation' and 'Face Your Visions - Discover the Future of Clothing,' the Techtextil and Avantex exhibitions and symposiums were held in tandem in Frankfurt earlier ...
International textile companies including Zegna, Marzotto, and Ziche are to meet in Padua, Italy, next month to discuss the benefits of nanotechnologies in helping their businesses stay ahead of the c...
Researchers in Thailand are working on a project funded by The Thailand Textile Institute (TTI) to develop fabrics that are resistant to dust mites....
Fabric innovation company Nano-Tex has appointed three industry veterans to its North American business development team....
A breakthrough fabric that incorporates the advantages of performance fabrics into cotton has been launched by Delta Galil Industries Ltd....
A quality label will soon be available to provide security for retailers and consumers as to whether or not a fabric meets new nanotechnology guidelines....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019