TAIWAN: IAF Convention Focuses On Asia
Asia's vital role in the global fashion community will be highlighted, with contributions by speakers from top Asian apparel organisations such as Sophie Hong Fashion (Taiwan), Shimamura (Japan) Itochu Textile Institute (Japan), Tonywear (Taiwan), Thai Garment (Thailand), and TTF (Taiwan).
Thomas Huang, president of the IAF, said that the changes in Asia in recent years have attracted more interest from the world's textile and apparel industry, and the liberalisation of textile and apparel markets by the WTO set for the year 2005 will have significant influence on the world industry.
This year's convention will coincide with the Taipei International Textile & Apparel Show (TITAS).
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Russell Corporation today blamed delays in the full implementation of CAFTA and the effects of Hurricane Katrina for lower third quarter forecasts....
Athletic and sports goods company Russell Corporation says it is axing the position of president and chief operating officer as part of efforts to flatten its organisational structure....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
Fast-growing Spanish fashion chain Mango is launching itself on to the Egyptian market with a store in capital city Cairo on 29 June....
Mango, Spain's expansionist women's fashion chain, is set to open its first US store in the city of Santa Monica in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, a company spokeswoman told just-style exclusively...
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
Sports goods company Russell Corporation, which yesterday announced a deal with Kangwei for the sale of its Spalding brand in China, has outlined a set of strategic long-term goals and objectives....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack