BANGLADESH: IAF project granted EU funding
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) has won EU funding for a project with association members BKMEA (Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association) and HCIA (Hellenic Clothing Industry Association).
The project is aimed at capacity building, network extension and knowledge transfer, the IAF said.
It should result in the BKMEA and the HCIA being able to better service member companies by gaining more international contacts, more knowledge and more insight.
The project, which the IAF said would start “very soon”, will involve training sessions in Bangladesh and networking trips to Europe and Bangladesh.
“Where big improvements in production infrastructure can still be made, big productivity gains and big improvements in working conditions can be combined,” the IAF said.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment