UK: IAF to move HQ to The Netherlands
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) has decided to move its headquarters from London to Zeist, in The Netherlands.
The move is part of an overall restructuring scheme which included a review of the Federation's Charter and Articles of Association.
The IAF is an international association of national associations of apparel and textiles that was founded in 1972 at Williamsburg, US, by the trade federations of Europe, the US and Japan.
IAF's membership includes apparel associations from 33 countries representing over 150,000 apparel companies and over 5m employees.
Under the new rules, the IAF will accept as corporate members with full voting rights individual companies whose core business is the manufacturing and/or marketing of apparel or other sewn or knitted products.
The Dutch Trade Association for Fashion and Interior Textiles MODINT will be hosting the IAF and its director general, Han Bekke, will serve as IAF secretary general in the interim until somebody is appointed to manage the IAF secretariat.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Are retailers' compliance codes just there to be waved at protesters, do they damage the very people they're supposed to be helping - or don't they go far enough in the pressures they put on factories...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts