CHINA: IAF World Apparel Convention shifts to Shanghai
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) is heading to China for the next edition of its annual World Apparel Convention - but has changed the location of the event to Shanghai.
Taking as its theme 'How to create value in the global fashion supply chain,' the convention will have a special focus on branding and the growing importance of China as a large and attractive consumer market.
By moving away from Nanjing, where the event was originally planned, the IAF says delegates will also be able to visit the China International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show (CISMA), which will be held from 25-28 September.
The 29th IAF World Fashion Convention takes place from 22-25 September, with the conference itself organised on 24-25 September and an optional study tour to follow.
It is being organised with IAF member association China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textiles (CCCT), which represents the interests of textile industry and its members and promotes the sustainable development of China's textile and clothing trade.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis