CHINA: IAF World Apparel Convention shifts to Shanghai
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) is heading to China for the next edition of its annual World Apparel Convention - but has changed the location of the event to Shanghai.
Taking as its theme 'How to create value in the global fashion supply chain,' the convention will have a special focus on branding and the growing importance of China as a large and attractive consumer market.
By moving away from Nanjing, where the event was originally planned, the IAF says delegates will also be able to visit the China International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show (CISMA), which will be held from 25-28 September.
The 29th IAF World Fashion Convention takes place from 22-25 September, with the conference itself organised on 24-25 September and an optional study tour to follow.
It is being organised with IAF member association China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textiles (CCCT), which represents the interests of textile industry and its members and promotes the sustainable development of China's textile and clothing trade.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)