COLOMBIA: IAF World Fashion Convention taking shape
Details are starting to emerge on the next International Apparel Federation (IAF) World Fashion Convention, which takes place later this year in Medellín, Colombia.
Working to the theme "Understanding the challenges of the fashion business," the speaker line-up includes Massimo Mazza, a partner of McKinsey company in Brazil; David Birnbaum, one of the world's leading authorities on apparel sourcing strategies (and just-style contributor); and Stefan Siegel, founder and owner of online fashion giant 'Not Just a Label'.
Mazza will present McKinsey's research focusing on the spending trends of Latin American consumers. His presentation will be key for any global brand looking at a bigger share of the fast growing Latin American fashion markets.
Birnbaum, who not only advises companies but national governments too, will share his vision on apparel sourcing now and in the future.
And Siegel, whose online boutique sells clothing from 13,000 young designers from 106 countries, will look at how designers from emerging economies can and do enter the world market.
Registration is now open to attend the 30th World Fashion Convention, which takes place from 29 September to 1 October, and is being organised in association with Inexmoda. A special rate is offered to delegates who register before 24 July.
The convention content focuses on the fashion business, and covers areas including branding, marketing and supply chain management.
Colombia and other Latin American countries are not only major apparel suppliers thanks to regional trade agreements, but they are also growing consumer markets too. And many Colombian apparel companies are expanding successfully to sell their brands on the world market.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report