US: Ibarra steps up from treasurer to CFO at RG Barry
Slipper maker RG Barry Corporation has promoted Jose G Ibarra as its senior vice president - finance and chief financial officer, replacing Daniel D Viren who is retiring after a 20-year career with the company.
The appointment accelerates a succession plan announced last year.
"Thanks to Jose's leadership in assimilating his new duties and the tremendous depth of experienced talent in our finance area, we have been able to smoothly facilitate the critical transition to a new CFO ahead of our initial plan," said Greg Tunney, president and chief executive officer.
In his 18 years with RG Barry, Ibarra has held numerous accounting and finance positions including senior vice president treasurer, vice president corporate controller, director of finance for international operations and manager of internal audit.
Even though he is stepping down as CFO, Mr Viren has assumed the role of special assistant to the CEO for mergers and acquisitions and will focus on this portion of the company's growth strategy.
Accessory footwear maker RG Barry Corporation has shuffled its sales and brand management teams so that its proprietary, licensed and private brand groups can each move forward independently....
Footwear company RG Barry Corporation posted reduced third quarter earnings of US$123,000, despite a 4.5% increase in net sales....
Footwear firm RG Barry Corporation has named Greg Ackard its senior vice president of sales....
Footwear and accessories marketer RG Barry Corporation has named Hong Zeng as its new China-based vice president of sourcing....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack