BELGIUM: IBM System To Boost Brantano Supply Chain
Shoe retailer Brantano NV has agreed to implement International Business Machines' supply chain management system based on the i2 for Retail suite of solutions.
Brantano hopes that by boosting its supply chain procedures, it will be able to optimise assortment planning, stock management and flow of goods.
Over a three-year period, IBM will deliver project management and implementation services and will supply the i2 software, IBM hardware & software.
Kurt Moons, Brantano's chief executive officer, said: "In recent years, the retail industry has become both more complex and more sophisticated.
"With the help of more detailed planning, we will continually optimise our stock position even at size level and bring it into line with realised and planned sales."
Brantano NV markets competitively priced ladies', men's and children's shoes throughout approximately 271 shops.
IBM Business Consulting Services is the world's largest consulting services organisation.
The i2 for Retail solution from i2 is designed to enable companies like Brantano to plan and monitor purchasing in greater detail.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing specialists and grocers have already made a major assault on the UK footwear market. New research suggests there is likely to be further encroachment in 2005 from non-specialists attracted by...
Value footwear chain Brantano has reported a 2.1% rise in full-year sales after good fourth-quarter financial results....
Shoe group Brantano NV has reported a nine-month turnover fall, as UK same-store sales declined....
Belgium-based footwear retailer Brantano has lowered its sales and profit predictions for the full 2005 year after reporting a third-quarter sales slump....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts