DENMARK: IC Companys eyes growth after H1 profit rises
- H1 operating profit up 6.3% to DKK187m
- Revenues edge down 0.6% to DKK1.775bn
- Gross margin flat at 57.1%
Fashion retail business IC Companys is forecasting higher earnings across all business segments after posting a 6% rise in first half operating profit.
Revenues were down slightly and gross margins flat as the Danish company’s Premium Outdoor segment (which consists of the Peak Performance brand) reported flat revenues of DKK565m (US$102m) on “satisfactory” wholesale performance, but “disappointing” retail growth.
That enabled IC Companys’ Premium Contemporary division (Tiger of Sweden and By Malene Birger) to become its leading segment, with revenues rising 12% to DKK592m on the back of solid wholesale growth.
However, Mid Market Contemporary revenues (the InWear, Matinique, Part Two and Soaked in Luxury brands) slumped 16% to DKK395m, thanks to declines in wholesale and the closure of selected stores.
The company said it expected its premium brands to maintain their positive development in the remainder of the year, but the Mid Market segment is forecast to continue its revenue decline.
Earnings are nonetheless expected to increase across all segments, with full-year operating profit predicted to hit DKK210-240m.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
IC Companys A/S is currently implementing a transformation of the company in order to increase its profitability. This includes a new brand strategy, where brands in the mid-market and fast fashion se...
Danish fashion group IC Companys has closed the sale of its four Mid Market brands to DK Company....
Introduction Womenswear in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
IC Companys saw its earnings and sales climb in the first quarter as the Danish fashion group enters a new fiscal year with a focus on its premium operations....
Apparel Retail in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains de...
After a relatively warm January, temperatures sank significantly during the first two weeks of February 2012. Likewise, autumn 2012 was colder than the average measured during the period 2001-2010, a ...
During the review period Danish men have become increasingly fashion orientated, more daring, searching for possibilities to dress up in ways which were earlier incompatible with the dominating norms ...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam