DENMARK: IC Companys sells mid-market brands to DK Company
Danish fashion group IC Companys has entered into a deal to sell its mid-market division to DK Company.
DK's acquisition price for the division, which includes the InWear, Matinique, Part Two and Soaked in Luxury brands, includes DKK50m (US$9.2m) in cash and 203.6m shares. Based on the closing price on 26 March, the market value of the shares amounted to DKK126m.
The divestment forms part of IC Companys' strategic plan to focus completely on the premium segment under which its Tiger of Sweden, Peak Performance and By Malene Birger brand operate. Combined, the brands have had an average revenue growth rate of 8% for the last three financial years and an EBIT margin of 8.2% for the financial year 2012/13.
The mid-market division generated revenue of DKK891m and suffered an operating loss of DKK37m for the financial year 2012/13.
Group CEO Mads Ryder said he believes the company will achieve better results by focusing on operating fashion and sports brands in the premium segment.
"This is an attractive market with strong growth rates and good earnings opportunities, which in particular Tiger of Sweden and By Malene Birger have experienced during the past few years.
"All three premium brands have generated solid earnings and continue to hold large international growth potentials. At the same time we believe that the future potential of the mid-market segment is better realized by DK Company as the owner."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras