DENMARK: IC Companys sells mid-market brands to DK Company
Danish fashion group IC Companys has entered into a deal to sell its mid-market division to DK Company.
DK's acquisition price for the division, which includes the InWear, Matinique, Part Two and Soaked in Luxury brands, includes DKK50m (US$9.2m) in cash and 203.6m shares. Based on the closing price on 26 March, the market value of the shares amounted to DKK126m.
The divestment forms part of IC Companys' strategic plan to focus completely on the premium segment under which its Tiger of Sweden, Peak Performance and By Malene Birger brand operate. Combined, the brands have had an average revenue growth rate of 8% for the last three financial years and an EBIT margin of 8.2% for the financial year 2012/13.
The mid-market division generated revenue of DKK891m and suffered an operating loss of DKK37m for the financial year 2012/13.
Group CEO Mads Ryder said he believes the company will achieve better results by focusing on operating fashion and sports brands in the premium segment.
"This is an attractive market with strong growth rates and good earnings opportunities, which in particular Tiger of Sweden and By Malene Birger have experienced during the past few years.
"All three premium brands have generated solid earnings and continue to hold large international growth potentials. At the same time we believe that the future potential of the mid-market segment is better realized by DK Company as the owner."
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
IC Companys A/S is currently implementing a transformation of the company in order to increase its profitability. This includes a new brand strategy, where brands in the mid-market and fast fashion se...
Introduction Womenswear in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
Introduction Menswear in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil......
Apparel Retail in Finland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also ...
Apparel Retail in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also ...
After a relatively warm January, temperatures sank significantly during the first two weeks of February 2012. Likewise, autumn 2012 was colder than the average measured during the period 2001-2010, a ...
During the review period Danish men have become increasingly fashion orientated, more daring, searching for possibilities to dress up in ways which were earlier incompatible with the dominating norms ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024