USA: IC Isaacs Settles Class Action Lawsuit
IC Isaacs & Company Inc, the designer and marketer of sportswear under the Marithe & Francois Girbaud and Beverly Hills Polo Club brands, is to settle the consolidated securities class action lawsuit filed against the company and certain directors in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Under the terms of the settlement, all claims against the company and all of the other defendants will be dismissed without admission of liability or wrongdoing by any party.
"The settlement will be funded entirely by the company's directors and officers liability insurer"
Robert J. Arnot, chairman and chief executive officer, commented: "We believe that our decision to settle the consolidated class actions is in the best interest of our shareholders because it will remove the uncertainty, expense and distraction of continuing litigation. This will enable us, going forward, to concentrate exclusively on driving growth and profitability in our operations.''
It has already been a troubled year for the company. In May the business was warned that it faced a delisting from the Nasdaq National Market for failing to meet requirements for a minimum public float and for a stock price greater than $1. Prior to this, a net loss for its fourth quarter and year end financial results resulting in the termination of a lucrative licensing agreement with BOSS.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods company Hugo Boss AG is planning to grow its shoes and accessories divisions over the coming years in order to capitalise on growing sales in those sectors, Financial Times Deutschland qu...
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
Luxury goods company Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Scott Bowman as president, international business development....
Branded clothing company Jones Apparel Group Inc said it saw a better-than-expected first quarter, primarily due to a good performance of its wholesale business....
Children's wear retailer The Children's Place Retail Stores Inc has named Kevin Mead, former Polo Retail Corporation senior vice president, as its senior vice president, director of stores for The Chi...
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has promoted Susie McCabe to the position of president, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Stores....
Luxury brand Hugo Boss AG plans to grow the share of ladies' clothing sales in the group to one third by 2013, chief executive Bruno Saelzer told Focus-Money magazine....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar