NEW ZEALAND: Icebreaker implements new fit system with Alvanon
New Zealand-based outdoor wear company Icebreaker has collaborated with fit specialist Alvanon to develop a new fit and grading system for its garments.
The company, which manufactures merino underwear, mid-layer garments, outerwear and socks for the outdoors, technical sports and lifestyle sectors hired Alvanon to provide it with the latest global fit data to update the fit of its performance and lifestyle clothing.
The three new fits - slim, regular and relaxed, depending on the style and intended use - are designed for comfortable, low-bulk layering, said Icebreaker creative director Rob Achten.
"Our base layers, first layers, mid layers and outer layers are designed to layer together like a single garment - without any seam chafing or zip stacking," he said.
After creating new size charts and fit blocks, Icebreaker tested its new fit system by recruiting a group of women who all considered themselves a size medium but were actually of different shapes, proportions and body types. The test confirmed that the new garment proportions suited a wider variety of women.
The grading - the variation of fit between sizes - was also increased to capture more customers in the full spectrum of sizes.
The new system will be introduced for all garments in Icebreaker's 2013 autumn/winter collection.
UK retailer Supergroup is planning to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy for its Superdry brand. ...
A new range of technical fit mannequins has been developed to help garment suppliers to make better fitting clothes for consumers in Germany and across Northern and Eastern Europe....
Senior executives from across the apparel industry and its supply chain will be heading to Hong Kong later this month for the annual Prime Source Forum....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey