USA: ICICI Infotech Launches Apparel Product Tracking
Information is supplied in real time, and has been designed to reduce costs and production cycle times.
Also new is a scanning and packing module. Factories apply industry-standard UCC128 labels to shipping cartons, scan the labels with a handheld scanner, and generate an online packing list for real-time access.
Real-time visibility also allows for pre-allocation of in-bound shipments before they arrive in the warehouse.
Said Vincent Candela, vice president of fashion technology at ICICI Infotech: "While our solutions manage production and development through the entire supply chain, they are also very visual to suit our end users within fashion, for increased usability and productivity."
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth