INDIA: Iconix and Reliance form joint venture
Iconix Brand Group today (22 February) announced a joint venture with Reliance Brands to sell labels like Ed Hardy, Mossimo, London Fog, and Ocean Pacific in India.
The deal will focus on growing royalty revenue through existing and new licensing deals with both manufacturers and retailers. It will also provide marketing and brand management services.
Existing Iconix businesses in India with brands such as Mossimo and Ed Hardy will be rolled into the partnership.
"Partnering with Reliance, a company that has a dominant presence in India, one of the most compelling retail growth areas in the world, is an essential next step in our global expansion strategy," said Iconix chairman and CEO Neil Cole.
"With this new partnership in place, and together with our existing global partnerships in other regions, we are on our way to achieving our long term goal of growing international revenue to a third of our total business."
Iconix Brand Group posted a 28.7% decline in seond-quarter net profit today (25 July), despite seeing sales rise....
UK clothing company Supergroup has entered into an exclusive long-term franchise agreement with Reliance Brands to launch the Superdry brand in India....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Texprocess & Techtextil 2015: Material innovations
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Q1 results in brief: Foot Locker, Hibbett
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Call for probe into Philippines factory fire
- New black dye meets sustainability standards