US: Iconix appoints COO in management changes
Iconix Brand Group has promoted three executives from within the company.
Yehuda Shmidman has been promoted to chief operating officer. He joined Iconix in 2005. Prior to that his experience includes positions at licensing agencies where he was involved in direct-to-retail brands including Issac Mizrahi at Target and Merch Vintage Rock at Kmart.
Lanie List has been promoted to chief merchandising officer. List has been at Iconix since its transition to a licensing company in 2004. Prior to joining Iconix she held merchant and trend positions at Target and Marshall Fields.
Carolyn D'Angelo has been promoted to senior vice president, brand management, home division. D'Angelo joined Iconix in 2007, following the company's entry into the home segment with its acquisition of Pillowtex.
Neil Cole, chairman and CEO of Iconix Brand Group, said: "I am pleased to announce the promotion of these three talented individuals whose hard work and dedication have been integral to the growth and success of our company. In these expanded roles, I am confident that their continued contributions will be a huge asset to our company."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
US department store retailer Sears Holdings Corporation has reported a 1.6% fall in sales for the year so far, but improved footwear sales across its stores. ...
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
US retailer Sears has widened its third quarter loss, citing lower sales of apparel....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory