UK: Iconix Brand Group to acquire Umbro
"Umbro is a true, authentic football brand with a global loyal consumer fan base and we are thrilled to be adding it to our portfolio of iconic brands," said Iconix CEO Neil Cole.
"Umbro is an exciting acquisition with more than 30 licensees in over 100 countries with a devout following. We look forward to working with our international partners to maintain and expand upon the rich heritage of the brand."
Nike announced plans to divest the Cole Haan and Umbro divisions at the end of May to focus on growing the Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands.
"It is a difficult decision to divest any business but this will enable us to focus on our highest-potential growth opportunities," said Nike president and CEO Mark Parker. "Umbro has a great heritage, but ultimately, as our category strategy has evolved, we believe Nike Football can serve the needs of footballers both on and off the pitch."
Inconix said the transaction is expected to close by the end of the year.
European denim brand Lee Cooper has been sold to Iconix Brand Group in a $72m deal that will help the New York based firm grow its international presence....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has raised its full-year profit and sales guidance after buying European denim brand Lee Cooper....
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy. ...
Iconix Brand Group, which licenses fashion and footwear labels including Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer, has acquired a 51% interest in the Buffalo David Bitton brand for US$76.5m....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies