US: Iconix closes London Fog purchase, announces 2nd license
Brand licenser Iconix has closed its US$37.5m acquisition of the London Fog brand from London Fog Group.
The company said on 21 August it would buy the brand, whose parent company has been in Chapter 11 bankruptcy since March.
Iconix also announced it has signed a license with children's outerwear producer Amerex for the US.
The firm previously said it has signed a license deal with outerwear maker Herman Kay for London Fog men's and women's outerwear and women's suits in the US.
Chairman and CEO Neil Cole said: "With two leading outerwear makers forming the foundation of our licensing program, we are confident will be able to quickly capitalise on the long and rich heritage of London Fog and build it into a lifestyle brand that appeals to a broad range of consumers."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Iconix Brand Group has agreed to purchase the Danskin line of women's active wear, leg wear, dance wear, yoga apparel and fitness equipment for US$70m....
Brand licensor Iconix has announced six new license deals for the Badgley Mischka, Op, London Fog and Joe Boxer brands....
The Herman Kay/Bromley Group has acquired Aberdeen Sportswear, adding a major men's outerwear component to its base in women's outerwear....
New York-based apparel firm The Warnaco Group has completed the sale of Ocean Pacific (OP) to Iconix for US$54m....
Iconix Brand Group said it has closed the merger of fashion brand Mossimo....
The acquisition of the Calvin Klein Jeans business in Europe and Asia (CKJEA) helped drive Warnaco Inc to stellar third-quarter results despite a nearly $8m charge for its soon-to-be-sold Ocean Pacifi...
Licensor and brand management firm Cherokee has received US$33.9m from Iconix Brand Group as part of a termination and settlement deal related to Iconix's acquisition of Mossimo....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022