US: Iconix closes US$60m Starter acquisition
Nike agreed to sell Starter, acquired in 2004, as part of the company's ongoing strategic review of its Exeter Brands Group, the sportswear giant's smallest division.
Founded in 1971, Starter was a pioneer of league licensed apparel with the US' major sports, including American football, baseball and basketball.
Iconix predicted that Starter would contribute about $18m in global royalty revenues during 2008.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Rock climbing-inspired apparel and footwear brand Patagonia has pioneered the use of organic cotton and recycled polyester in its outdoor clothing and posted sales of US$330m last year. Joe Ayling int...
China's home-grown sportswear brands will have their biggest opportunity yet to raise international visibility this year. But even as they vie for the best routes to Beijing's Olympic Games coverage, ...
Despite all the hype about digital printing over the last few years, just 2% of the world's printed fabric is produced using this method. One of the reasons for this slow uptake is that digital printi...
The choice between fight and flight is taking on a new meaning in the sporting goods sector. Brands are soaring by exploiting new opportunities in emerging markets, while a subsequent fight for remain...
The European Union (EU) is to remove preferential tariffs on Vietnamese footwear imports after deciding they no longer meet the necessary conditions to benefit from the scheme....
Sportswear manufacturer Yue Yuen Industrial, which supplies both Adidas and Nike, posted a 17.6% increase in sales last month....
Iconix Brand Group Inc has lowered its full year revenue and earnings guidance after it cut new brand acquisitions from its forecast amid a "challenging" economy....
Apparel maker Tefron has swung to a net loss of US$0.7m for the first quarter of 2008, from a profit of $3.8m eriod last year, as margins were struck by the devaluation of the US dollar versus the New...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective